Final Houdini Renders

I handed in my Houdini project today, it has come a long way and though I couldn’t achieve all my goals I wanted to in the time I am pretty happy with the results.

These images show what is achievable with the digital asset I made.

The interface is shown above, I designed it to be simple to understand, if I was to continue the project I think I would add support for more complex path settings, it would be fairly easy to achieve but it was to risky to attempt this late in the process.

GGJ17 – End of Day 2

The main bulk of the game is finished now just need to add the game ending mechanics and variation in the sprites. The game is looking much better than the same time yesterday.

Thanks to my team mate the art in the game has significantly improved (No more pixel pirate!)

And hopefully after tightening a few things up I will be ready to finish in plenty of time tomorrow!

MIRROR FOR VIDEO

GGJ17 – End of Day One

I am taking part in the Global Game Jam again this year, the theme is ‘Waves’. I decided to make a classic ‘brawler’ type game with pirates (Get it Waves!) spawn in waves to try kill you.

The game will hopefully have different weapons and hopefully some cool art courtesy of my team mate. But all in good time, this video is of the end of day one, I’m going to try get some precious sleep now so I can work more tomorrow!

MIRROR FOR VIDEO

Final Renders of my Pen

 

These are the two images I submitted for my Renderman, I did all of the OSL shaders and RIB files to generate the images. I am quite happy with the result although the clear plastic for the shaft of the pen doesn’t look great. The texture for the ground plane is from the fantastic Pixar 128.

Pen Update

 

pen

A newer image of the pen I am working on in Renderman. I have done a bit of work on the shading and lighting. The pen is still too ‘clean’ so I am going to do some more work to put on scratches.

Renderman – Biro WIP

I have been working with Pixar’s Renderman for a university project. Below is a work in progress render of a Biro that I made.

pen

I made all the geometry with RIB files, it is a bit challenging, but really rewarding once you get the hang of it. You can find my RIB file used to make the image above at the link below.

Link To RIB